Wirt County tax collector info
The Wirt County tax collector is an elected government official responsible for collecting property taxes within the boundaries of Wirt County, located in the state of West Virginia.
Their primary duties include identifying and assessing taxable properties, calculating tax rates, issuing tax bills, and collecting payments from property owners. They are also responsible for enforcing tax laws and regulations, as well as resolving disputes related to property taxes.
The tax collector works closely with other county officials, such as the auditor and assessor, to ensure that taxes are collected fairly and accurately. They are accountable to the public for their actions and are required to maintain accurate records of all transactions.
Overall, the Wirt County tax collector plays a crucial role in funding essential government services, such as schools, roads, and public safety, and ensuring the financial stability of the county.
Before you contact tax collector find out more informations on Wirt County property tax.
Wirt County Tax Collector Contact Details
The Wirt County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting and distributing taxes in the county. Below are the contact details:
|Method of Contact||Details|
|Post Address||Wirt County Tax Office, 1 Courthouse Square, Elizabeth, WV 26143|
|Open Hours||Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm|
The tax office is closed on weekends and public holidays. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your taxes, feel free to reach out to the Wirt County Tax Collector during office hours.
Wirt County tax collector services
The Wirt County tax collector offers a range of services to the residents of Wirt County, located in West Virginia, USA. The following are the services available to taxpayers:
Tax Collection Services
The primary responsibility of the Wirt County tax collector is to collect property taxes on behalf of Wirt County. They also collect taxes for municipalities and school districts within Wirt County. The tax collection services offered by the Wirt County tax collector include:
- Accepting Tax Payments: The tax collector accepts tax payments by mail or in-person at their office during business hours.
- Issuing Tax Bills: The tax collector issues tax bills to property owners in Wirt County. These bills provide information on the amount of taxes owed and the due date.
- Answering Taxpayer Questions: The Wirt County tax collector is available to answer any questions taxpayers may have about their tax bill or the tax collection process.
In addition to tax collection services, the Wirt County tax collector also offers the following services:
- Delinquent Tax Collection: The tax collector is responsible for collecting delinquent property taxes in Wirt County. This includes initiating legal action against property owners who fail to pay their taxes.
- Issuing Dog Tags: The Wirt County tax collector issues dog tags to pet owners in Wirt County. These tags are required by law and help to ensure that dogs are properly identified.
- Assisting with Tax Sales: The tax collector is responsible for conducting tax sales of properties that have delinquent taxes. They can assist interested parties in the purchase of these properties.
Overall, the Wirt County tax collector provides essential services to taxpayers in Wirt County, including tax collection, delinquent tax collection, and assistance with tax sales. They also issue dog tags to pet owners, ensuring that dogs are properly identified.
If you have any disputes or appeals related to tax assessments - contact your local tax commissioner.