New Hanover County tax collector info
New Hanover County tax collector is a government agency responsible for collecting property taxes from residents and businesses located within New Hanover County in North Carolina, USA. The agency operates under the North Carolina General Statutes, which govern tax collection procedures in the state.
Here are some key points about the New Hanover County tax collector:
- Purpose: The primary purpose of the agency is to ensure that all property owners in the county pay their fair share of taxes to fund local government services, such as public schools, roads, and public safety.
- Responsibilities: The tax collector is responsible for calculating the value of all taxable property in the county, issuing property tax bills, collecting payments, and enforcing tax liens on delinquent accounts. The agency also provides assistance and information to property owners regarding their tax obligations.
- Payment options: Property owners have several options for paying their taxes, including online payments, mail-in payments, or in-person payments at the tax collector's office. The agency also offers payment plans for those who are unable to pay their taxes in full.
- Penalties: Property owners who fail to pay their taxes on time may be subject to penalties, including interest charges and collection fees. In extreme cases, the tax collector may initiate foreclosure proceedings on delinquent properties.
- Assessment appeals: Property owners who disagree with the assessed value of their property may file an appeal with the New Hanover County Board of Equalization and Review, which is responsible for reviewing property value assessments and making adjustments when necessary.
- Transparency: The New Hanover County tax collector is committed to transparency and providing access to public information. Property owners can view their tax bills and payment history online, and the agency publishes an annual report detailing its activities and financial performance.
Overall, the New Hanover County tax collector plays an important role in maintaining the financial health of the local government and ensuring that property owners fulfill their tax obligations.
Before you contact tax collector find out more informations on New Hanover County property tax.
Below are the detailed contact details for the New Hanover County tax collector.
New Hanover County Tax Office
P.O. Box 18000
Wilmington, NC 28406
New Hanover County Tax Office
230 Government Center Drive, Suite 190
Wilmington, NC 28403
- General Information: (910) 798-7300
- Property Tax: (910) 798-7304
- Business Personal Property Tax: (910) 798-7305
- Motor Vehicle Tax: (910) 798-7306
The New Hanover County tax collector's office is open during the following hours:
|Monday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
Please note that the office is closed on all state holidays.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your taxes, please do not hesitate to contact the New Hanover County tax collector's office during their business hours.
New Hanover County tax collector services
New Hanover County tax collector offers a range of services for its residents. These services include:
Property Tax Collection
The tax collector's office collects property taxes on behalf of the county. Property owners can pay their taxes online, by mail or in person at the tax collector's office.
Vehicle Registration and Renewal
New Hanover County residents can register their vehicles and renew their registration through the tax collector's office. The office also issues license plates, titles, and registration decals.
Business Personal Property Tax Collection
The tax collector's office is also responsible for collecting taxes on business personal property such as equipment, furniture, and inventory.
Hunting and Fishing Licenses
Residents can purchase hunting and fishing licenses through the tax collector's office.
Property Tax Exemptions
The tax collector's office reviews and approves applications for property tax exemptions for senior citizens, disabled veterans, and other qualifying individuals.
Delinquent Tax Collection
The office also collects delinquent taxes through a variety of methods including liens, levies, and wage garnishments.
For more information on the services provided by the New Hanover County tax collector, visit their website or contact their office directly.
If you have any disputes or appeals related to tax assessments - contact your local tax commissioner.