Lexington City tax commissioner info
The Lexington City Tax Commissioner is a government official responsible for overseeing and managing the collection of taxes in the city of Lexington, USA. Some of the key responsibilities of the tax commissioner include:
Assessing and collecting taxes: The tax commissioner is responsible for assessing the amount of taxes due from individuals and businesses in Lexington and collecting those taxes in a timely manner.
Enforcing tax laws: The tax commissioner enforces all tax laws and regulations in the city, including levying fines and penalties on those who fail to pay their taxes.
Maintaining tax records: The tax commissioner maintains accurate records of all tax payments and ensures that the information is properly recorded and stored.
Providing assistance to taxpayers: The tax commissioner provides assistance to taxpayers who have questions or concerns about their taxes, and helps them to understand their rights and obligations under the law.
Overall, the Tax Commissioner plays a crucial role in ensuring that the city of Lexington has the resources it needs to provide essential services to its residents.
Before you contact tax commissioner find out more informations on Lexington City property tax.
Contact Details for Lexington City Tax Commissioner
The Lexington City Tax Commissioner is responsible for managing and collecting taxes within the city limits of Lexington, USA. Here are the detailed contact details for the office:
Lexington City Hall 300 E. Washington St. Lexington, VA 24450
- Main Office: (540) 463-3154
- Fax: (540) 462-6036
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
If you have any questions, comments or concerns related to taxes in Lexington, you can also fill out this online contact form.
The following payment options are available to pay your taxes:
- In-person at the Tax Commissioner's office
- By mail to the above address
- Online using the official online payment portal
For further information on tax payments, visit the official Lexington City Tax Commissioner website.
Lexington City tax commissioner services
The Lexington City Tax Commissioner offers a variety of services to help taxpayers manage their finances and comply with tax regulations. These services include:
The tax commissioner's office provides assistance to taxpayers who need help understanding their tax obligations or resolving issues related to their tax accounts. This includes:
- Answering questions about tax forms and filing requirements
- Providing guidance on tax payment options and deadlines
- Resolving disputes related to tax assessments and refunds
- Offering free tax preparation services to eligible residents
For businesses operating in Lexington City, the tax commissioner offers a range of services to help manage tax obligations and ensure compliance. These services include:
- Registering new businesses for tax purposes
- Providing guidance on business tax requirements and exemptions
- Assisting with tax reporting and payment
- Conducting audits to ensure compliance with tax regulations
The tax commissioner's office is responsible for assessing the value of real estate and personal property for tax purposes. This includes:
- Conducting regular property assessments to determine fair market value
- Maintaining accurate records of property ownership and tax obligations
- Resolving disputes related to property assessments and tax bills
When taxpayers fail to pay their taxes on time, the tax commissioner's office may take legal action to collect the debt. This includes:
- Issuing notices and demanding payment
- Placing liens on property or garnishing wages to collect unpaid taxes
- Working with collection agencies to recover delinquent taxes
Overall, the Lexington City Tax Commissioner plays a vital role in ensuring that taxpayers comply with tax regulations and that tax revenue is collected fairly and efficiently. By offering a range of services to taxpayers and businesses, the tax commissioner helps to promote economic growth and stability in the city.