Hardy County tax commissioner info
The Hardy County Tax Commissioner is a government official responsible for overseeing the collection of taxes within Hardy County, located in West Virginia. They work closely with the County Clerk and the Assessor's Office to ensure that taxes are assessed fairly and collected efficiently. Some of the specific duties of the Tax Commissioner include:
- Processing tax payments: The Tax Commissioner is responsible for receiving and processing tax payments from property owners within the county.
- Maintaining tax records: The Tax Commissioner maintains detailed records of all tax payments and delinquencies within the county, and uses this information to help enforce tax collection.
- Distributing tax revenues: Once taxes are collected, the Tax Commissioner distributes the revenues to various government entities, such as schools, fire departments, and law enforcement agencies.
- Conducting tax sales: In cases of delinquent taxes, the Tax Commissioner may conduct tax sales to recoup the owed funds.
Overall, the Hardy County Tax Commissioner plays a vital role in ensuring that local government services are funded and that taxes are collected fairly and efficiently.
Before you contact tax commissioner find out more informations on Hardy County property tax.
Hardy County Tax Commissioner Contact Details
- Hardy County Tax Commissioner
- 204 Washington St.
- Moorefield, WV 26836
- Office: (304) 530-0250
- Fax: (304) 538-7162
Monday to Friday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
The Hardy County Tax Commissioner's office is conveniently located at 204 Washington St. in Moorefield, WV. The office can be reached by phone at (304) 530-0250, or by fax at (304) 538-7162.
The office is open Monday to Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM. If you have any questions or concerns about taxes in Hardy County, do not hesitate to contact the Tax Commissioner's office.
Hardy County tax commissioner services
The Hardy County Tax Commissioner's office offers a variety of services relating to taxation in Hardy County, West Virginia. These services include:
Property Tax Services
|Property Assessments||The office assesses the value of all real and personal property in the county|
|Property Tax Billing||The office prepares and mails property tax bills to property owners|
|Property Tax Payment||The office accepts property tax payments and processes them|
Vehicle Tax Services
|Vehicle Assessments||The office assesses the value of all vehicles in the county|
|Vehicle Tax Billing||The office prepares and mails vehicle tax bills to vehicle owners|
|Vehicle Tax Payment||The office accepts vehicle tax payments and processes them|
|Business and Occupation Tax||The office collects business and occupation tax from local businesses|
|Dog Licenses||The office issues dog licenses to residents of the county|
|Mobile Home Assessments||The office assesses the value of all mobile homes in the county|
The Tax Commissioner's office is dedicated to providing efficient and effective services to the residents of Hardy County.