Habersham County tax commissioner info
The Habersham County Tax Commissioner is a government official responsible for overseeing the collection and distribution of property taxes in Habersham County, located in the state of Georgia in the United States. The Tax Commissioner's office is responsible for the billing and collection of property taxes, as well as the issuance of vehicle registration and titling services.
Here are some key responsibilities of the Habersham County Tax Commissioner:
- Assessing property values: The Tax Commissioner's office is responsible for assessing the value of all taxable property in the county, including land, buildings, and personal property.
- Collecting taxes: The Tax Commissioner's office collects property taxes from both residential and commercial property owners in Habersham County, and distributes the funds to various government entities such as schools, libraries, and law enforcement agencies.
- Issuing vehicle registration and titles: In addition to property taxes, the Tax Commissioner's office also handles the registration and titling of vehicles in Habersham County. This includes issuing license plates and handling vehicle-related fees and taxes.
- Managing tax exemptions: The Tax Commissioner's office is responsible for managing various tax exemptions and deferrals, such as those for senior citizens, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Overall, the Habersham County Tax Commissioner plays a crucial role in managing the collection and distribution of property taxes and vehicle-related fees in the county, ensuring that local government entities have the resources they need to provide essential services to the community.
Before you contact tax commissioner find out more informations on Habersham County property tax.
Habersham County Tax Commissioner Contact Details
|130 Jacob's Way, Suite 104, Clarkesville, GA 30523
- Monday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Tuesday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
The Habersham County Tax Commissioner's office is responsible for issuing and collecting property tax bills, processing vehicle registrations and titles, and collecting business taxes. For any queries related to the mentioned services, contact the office during the mentioned office hours via phone, email, or in-person.
Habersham County tax commissioner services
The Habersham County tax commissioner offers various services to help taxpayers efficiently manage their tax-related concerns. These services include:
Property Tax Services
|Property Tax Payments
|The tax commissioner's office accepts property tax payments online, by mail, or in-person.
|Property Tax Assessments
|The office is responsible for assessing the value of all properties within Habersham County.
|This service helps eligible homeowners save money on their property taxes by providing exemptions for primary residences.
|Mobile Home Taxes
|The tax commissioner's office handles mobile home taxes for dwellings located within the county.
Motor Vehicle Services
|The office registers all types of vehicles including cars, trucks, trailers, and motorcycles.
|If a vehicle is sold or purchased, the tax commissioner's office handles the transfer of ownership.
|Temporary Operating Permits
|This service issues temporary permits for vehicles that are not yet registered in Georgia.
|The tax commissioner's office sends renewal notices for vehicle tags and handles the renewal process.
|The office provides dealer services like issuing temporary operating permits and handling title transfers.
|The tax commissioner's office administers occupational taxes for businesses located within Habersham County.
|The office collects hotel/motel taxes from lodging establishments operating within the county.
These services are designed to provide taxpayers with accessible and efficient ways of managing their taxes. The Habersham County tax commissioner's office aims to deliver quality service and ensure compliance with relevant tax laws and regulations.