Grand Forks County Tax Collector Contact Details
|Postal Address||Grand Forks County Tax Collector
PO Box 5200
Grand Forks, ND 58206-5200
|Phone Number||(701) 780-8201|
|Fax Number||(701) 780-8299|
|Office Hours||Monday - Friday
8:00am to 4:30pm
The Grand Forks County Tax Collector's office is responsible for collecting property taxes for the county. If you need to contact them, you can do so by mail, phone, fax, or email using the details provided above. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Grand Forks County tax collector info
The Grand Forks County tax collector is a government official responsible for the collection and enforcement of property taxes within Grand Forks County, North Dakota. Here are some key details about the role and responsibilities of the Grand Forks County tax collector:
- The tax collector is an elected official who is responsible for collecting property taxes on behalf of the county and other taxing authorities within the county, such as school districts and municipalities.
- The tax collector is also responsible for enforcing tax laws, which includes assessing penalties and interest on delinquent taxes, foreclosing on properties with unpaid taxes, and conducting tax sales to recover unpaid taxes.
- Collecting property taxes: The tax collector is responsible for sending out tax bills to property owners and collecting payment of those bills.
- Maintaining tax records: The tax collector maintains records of all property tax payments and balances owed, and ensures that these records are accurate and up-to-date.
- Enforcing tax laws: The tax collector enforces tax laws by assessing penalties and interest on delinquent taxes, foreclosing on properties with unpaid taxes, and conducting tax sales to recover unpaid taxes.
- Communicating with property owners: The tax collector communicates with property owners about their tax bills, payment options, and any issues or questions they may have about the tax collection process.
In summary, the Grand Forks County tax collector plays a vital role in the collection and enforcement of property taxes within the county. Their responsibilities include collecting taxes, maintaining records, enforcing tax laws, and communicating with property owners.
Before you contact tax collector find out more informations on Grand Forks County property tax.
Grand Forks County tax collector services
The Grand Forks County Tax Collector offers a range of services related to tax collection for property owners in Grand Forks County, North Dakota. Some of the services they offer include:
Property Tax Payment
Property owners in Grand Forks County can make tax payments online, in person, through the mail or by drop-box. They can also set up automatic payments through their bank account. The tax collector provides information on payment due dates and offers penalty and interest information for late payments.
Property Tax Delinquency
The tax collector also provides information on what to do if a property owner is delinquent on their property taxes. The tax collector offers guidance on the process and available options for resolving delinquencies, including payment plans and tax sales.
Property Tax Assessment
The Grand Forks County tax collector also provides information on property tax assessments. They provide property owners with information on how assessments are determined, what factors are considered, and how changes in property value can affect assessments.
Assistance with Property Information
Additionally, the tax collector offers assistance with property information, such as property maps, legal descriptions, and property ownership records. This information is helpful to property owners who are looking to buy or sell property or who are in the process of assessing their property value.
Lastly, the tax collector provides contact information for property owners who have questions or concerns about their property taxes. They offer phone and email support, and they can also be reached in person at their office in Grand Forks County.
In summary, the Grand Forks County tax collector provides essential services for property owners in the area, including payment, delinquency, and assessment information. They also offer assistance with property information and support for those who need it.
If you have any disputes or appeals related to tax assessments - contact your local tax commissioner.