Fergus County tax assessor info
Fergus County tax assessor is a government official responsible for determining the value of properties within Fergus County and assessing taxes accordingly. Here are some key points about the Fergus County tax assessor:
- The Fergus County tax assessor is appointed by the Fergus County government to oversee property assessments and tax collection within the county.
- Their main responsibility is to determine the value of all real estate properties within Fergus County, including residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
- The tax assessor is also responsible for maintaining accurate records of property ownership and value, as well as ensuring that all taxes are collected in a timely and efficient manner.
- In addition to assessing property taxes, the Fergus County tax assessor may also be responsible for overseeing other taxes, such as sales taxes or excise taxes.
- The Fergus County tax assessor plays an important role in ensuring that the county has the resources it needs to provide essential services to its residents, such as schools, roads, and public safety.
Overall, the Fergus County tax assessor is an important government official who helps to ensure that the county is able to fund its operations and provide essential services to its residents. If you own property in Fergus County, you may need to work with the tax assessor to ensure that your property is assessed accurately and that you are paying the appropriate amount of taxes.
Before you contact tax assessor find out more informations on Fergus County property tax.
Fergus County Tax Assessor Contact Details
The Fergus County Tax Assessor's office is responsible for assessing the value of real property in Fergus County, Montana for taxation purposes. Here are the contact details for the office:
|Address||Fergus County Tax Assessor's Office
712 W Main St, Suite 204
Lewistown, MT 59457
|Phone Number||(406) 535-6250|
|Fax Number||(406) 535-6253|
|Office Hours||Monday-Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm|
If you have any questions or concerns regarding property taxes in Fergus County, please don't hesitate to contact the Tax Assessor's office at the phone number provided during the office hours listed above.
Fergus County tax assessor services
The Fergus County tax assessor provides a variety of services related to property taxes for residents of Fergus County, Montana. These services include:
The tax assessor is responsible for determining the value of properties in Fergus County. This includes performing onsite inspections, reviewing property records, and analyzing market trends to determine fair and accurate property values.
If a property owner disagrees with the assessed value of their property, the tax assessor's office provides a process for appeals. This includes gathering evidence and presenting a case to the Fergus County Board of Equalization.
Property Tax Calculation
The tax assessor calculates property taxes for each property in Fergus County based on the assessed value and the current tax rates. This information is used to send out property tax bills and collect payments.
Property Tax Exemptions and Abatements
The tax assessor's office administers various property tax exemptions and abatements. These include exemptions for veterans, disabled individuals, and non-profit organizations. The tax assessor can also provide information on how to apply for these exemptions.
Property Transfer Records
The tax assessor maintains records of property transfers in Fergus County. This includes deeds, titles, and other legal documents related to property ownership.
Residents of Fergus County can contact the tax assessor's office for more information on these services or to get assistance with property tax-related issues.
Didn't find what you were looking for ? Maybe tax appraiser is the answer, they are determining the fair market value of properties