Divide County tax assessor info
The Divide County tax assessor is a government official responsible for assessing the value of real estate properties and determining the amount of property taxes owed by the property owner in Divide County, North Dakota. Here are some key points to know about the Divide County tax assessor:
- The tax assessor's office is part of the county government and is usually located in the county courthouse or another government building.
- The tax assessor uses a variety of factors to determine the value of a property, including its location, size, age, and condition. They may also consider recent sales of comparable properties in the same area.
- Once the value of a property is determined, the tax assessor calculates the amount of property taxes owed based on the current tax rate and any applicable exemptions or deductions.
- Property owners in Divide County can appeal their property assessment if they believe it is too high or inaccurate. The tax assessor's office can provide information on the appeals process.
- The revenue generated from property taxes helps fund local government services such as schools, roads, and public safety.
Overall, the Divide County tax assessor plays an important role in ensuring that property taxes are fairly assessed and collected to support vital community services.
Before you contact tax assessor find out more informations on Divide County property tax.
Divide County Tax Assessor Contact Details
The Divide County Tax Assessor's Office is responsible for assessing and collecting property taxes in the county. If you need to contact them, here are their detailed contact details:
|Post Address||Divide County Tax Assessor
P.O. Box 68
Crosby, ND 58730
|Phone Number||(701) 965-6631|
|Fax Number||(701) 965-6062|
|Email Address||Not available|
|Office Hours||Monday to Friday
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Lunch hour: 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
Please note that their office is closed on weekends and national holidays.
If you have any inquiries regarding property taxes or assessments, the Divide County Tax Assessor's Office will be more than happy to assist you during their office hours.
Divide County tax assessor services
The Divide County tax assessor is responsible for assessing and maintaining accurate records of all taxable property in Divide County, North Dakota. Here are the services offered by the Divide County tax assessor:
Property assessments: The tax assessor determines the value of all real property in Divide County, including residential, commercial, and agricultural properties. These assessments are used to calculate property taxes.
Tax relief programs: The tax assessor can provide information and assistance with property tax relief programs that may be available to eligible property owners, such as homestead exemptions or property tax freezes for senior citizens.
Property maps and records: The tax assessor maintains detailed maps and property records for all taxable properties in Divide County. These records include property descriptions, ownership information, and assessed values.
Assessment appeals: Property owners who disagree with their property assessments can file an appeal with the tax assessor's office. The tax assessor will review the appeal and make a determination on the property's value.
Property transfers: When property is sold or transferred, the tax assessor updates the property records to reflect the new ownership and assessed value.
Assistance to taxpayers: The tax assessor's office can answer questions and provide information to taxpayers regarding property assessments, tax rates, and payment options.
In summary, the Divide County tax assessor provides a range of services related to property assessments and taxation. These services are essential for maintaining accurate records and ensuring that property taxes are calculated fairly and accurately.
Didn't find what you were looking for ? Maybe tax appraiser is the answer, they are determining the fair market value of properties