Craven County tax assessor info
The Craven County tax assessor is a government official responsible for assessing the value of properties within the county in order to determine the amount of property taxes a property owner must pay. Some of the key responsibilities of a tax assessor include maintaining accurate property records, determining property values, and reviewing appeals by property owners who believe their property has been assessed unfairly.
Here are some key details about the Craven County tax assessor:
- The Craven County tax assessor's office is located in the county seat of New Bern, North Carolina.
- The tax assessor's office is part of the larger Craven County Government, which is responsible for providing a range of services to county residents.
- Property taxes are a major source of revenue for local governments, including counties, cities, and towns.
- Property values can be assessed through a variety of methods, including physical inspections, analysis of recent sales in the area, and other factors.
- Property owners who disagree with their assessed value can file an appeal with the tax assessor's office.
- The tax assessor is also responsible for administering various tax exemptions and credits, such as those for disabled veterans or elderly residents.
Overall, the Craven County tax assessor plays an important role in ensuring that property taxes are fairly and accurately assessed in the county, which helps to fund essential government services and infrastructure.
Before you contact tax assessor find out more informations on Craven County property tax.
Contact Details for Craven County Tax Assessor
The Craven County Tax Assessor is responsible for assessing the value of all taxable property within the county. Here are the contact details for the Craven County Tax Assessor's office in North Carolina:
|302 Broad Street, New Bern, NC 28560||(252) 636-6602||(252) firstname.lastname@example.org||Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm|
Please note that the office is closed on weekends and public holidays.
If you have any questions regarding property taxes or need assistance with property assessments, you can contact the Craven County Tax Assessor using the information provided above. The office staff will be happy to assist you with your queries.
Craven County tax assessor services
The Craven County tax assessor offers various services to residents and businesses within the county. Here is a list of some of the primary services provided by the Craven County tax assessor:
|Property Assessments||The tax assessor is responsible for determining the value of all real and personal property within the county for tax purposes. This includes conducting inspections, reviewing sales data, and analyzing market trends.|
|Tax Exemptions||The tax assessor also handles various tax exemptions, such as those related to agricultural, historic, or veteran properties. They will review applications and make determinations on eligibility for these exemptions.|
|Appeals||If a property owner disagrees with their assessment, they have the right to appeal. The tax assessor provides information and instructions on how to file an appeal and will review the appeal once it is submitted.|
|Tax Collection||While not directly responsible for tax collection, the tax assessor works closely with the county's tax collector to ensure that all taxes are properly assessed and collected.|
Overall, the Craven County tax assessor plays an important role in determining property values and ensuring that taxes are properly assessed and collected within the county.
Didn't find what you were looking for ? Maybe tax appraiser is the answer, they are determining the fair market value of properties