Burleigh County tax assessor info
Burleigh County tax assessor is a government agency responsible for assessing the taxable value of properties within Burleigh County, North Dakota. Their primary role is to determine the market value of every property in the county, including houses, apartments, businesses, and vacant land.
This value is then used to calculate the property tax owed by the owner, which is paid to the county treasurer's office. The tax assessor's office also handles applications for property tax exemptions and assists property owners in understanding their tax assessments.
The following are some of the responsibilities of Burleigh County tax assessor:
- Determine the market value of every property in the county
- Maintain accurate property records
- Process applications for property tax exemptions
- Assist property owners in understanding their tax assessments
The tax assessor's office plays an essential role in the local government's ability to fund public services such as schools, roads, and emergency services. They work closely with the county treasurer's office to ensure that property taxes are collected and distributed correctly.
Overall, the Burleigh County tax assessor is an essential government agency responsible for ensuring that property taxes are assessed fairly and accurately, which is crucial for maintaining public services and infrastructure in the county.
Before you contact tax assessor find out more informations on Burleigh County property tax.
Contact Details for Burleigh County Tax Assessor
The Burleigh County Tax Assessor's Office is responsible for assessing property taxes, reviewing and approving property exemptions, and maintaining property records in Burleigh County, North Dakota. If you have any questions or need assistance, the following contact details will be helpful:
|Burleigh County Tax Assessor's Office|
|221 North 5th St.|
|P.O. Box 5518|
|Bismarck, ND 58506|
- Assessor's Office: (701) 222-6691
- Fax: (701) 222-7528
- Monday to Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
It is recommended to call ahead before visiting the office to confirm the open hours and availability of the staff.
For more information, you can also visit the Burleigh County Tax Assessor's website at www.burleighco.com.
Burleigh County tax assessor services
The Burleigh County tax assessor offers a wide range of services related to property tax assessment and administration. These services are designed to ensure that property owners in the county pay their fair share of taxes while also receiving the appropriate exemptions and deductions.
Some of the main services provided by the Burleigh County tax assessor include:
- Conducting assessments of all taxable property in the county, including real estate, personal property, and commercial property.
- Determining the market value of each property based on factors such as recent sales, property characteristics, and other relevant data.
- Notifying property owners of their assessed values and any changes to those values.
Exemptions and deductions
- Administering various exemptions and deductions for property owners, such as homestead exemptions, agricultural exemptions, and exemptions for disabled veterans.
- Ensuring that property owners meet the eligibility requirements for these exemptions and deductions, and processing applications accordingly.
Tax billing and collections
- Preparing and issuing tax bills to property owners based on their assessed values and the county's tax rates.
- Collecting property tax payments from property owners and processing those payments.
- Distributing tax revenues to various government entities in the county, such as school districts and local municipalities.
Property records and data management
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all taxable property in the county.
- Ensuring that property data is accurate and complete, and making any necessary corrections or updates.
- Providing access to property data and records for property owners, real estate agents, and other interested parties.
Overall, the Burleigh County tax assessor plays a vital role in maintaining an equitable and efficient property tax system in the county. By providing a range of services related to property assessment, exemptions and deductions, tax billing and collections, and data management, the tax assessor helps ensure that property owners in the county pay their fair share of taxes and receive the appropriate benefits and services.
Didn't find what you were looking for ? Maybe tax appraiser is the answer, they are determining the fair market value of properties