Beaufort County tax assessor info
Beaufort County tax assessor is a government agency that assesses the value of real estate properties within Beaufort County, located in South Carolina. They determine the property value of various real estate properties such as land, buildings, and other structures. The value of the property is then used to calculate the property taxes that the owner will need to pay each year.
Here are some key points about Beaufort County Tax Assessor:
- The tax assessor's office is responsible for keeping track of all property in Beaufort County and determining its value.
- The value of the property is based on a variety of factors, including its location, size, and condition.
- Once the property value is determined, the tax assessor's office uses this information to calculate the amount of property tax owed by the owner.
- The tax assessor's office also handles property tax exemptions and special assessments, such as those related to improvements or new construction.
- Property owners can contact the tax assessor's office if they have questions or concerns about their property value or tax assessments.
Overall, Beaufort County tax assessor plays an important role in determining property values and collecting property taxes within the county.
Before you contact tax assessor find out more informations on Beaufort County property tax.
Beaufort County Tax Assessor Contact Details
Here are the contact details for the Beaufort County Tax Assessor, who provides assessments of personal and real property for tax purposes.
|Beaufort County Tax Assessor
100 Ribaut Road
Beaufort, SC 29902
|+1 (843) 255-2400
|+1 (843) 255-9404
|Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (EST)
The Beaufort County Tax Assessor provides a range of services to the residents of Beaufort County, including:
- Assessments of personal and real property for tax purposes
- Assistance to taxpayers in understanding the assessment process
- Maintaining accurate property records and maps
- Assistance in filing appeals against assessments
- Providing information on exemptions and tax credits
Contacting the Beaufort County Tax Assessor
Interested parties can contact the Beaufort County Tax Assessor's office by phone, email or mail. The office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (EST) from Monday to Friday. Customers are advised to check the official Beaufort County Tax Assessor website for more information and to stay informed about any changes in services or hours of operation.
Beaufort County tax assessor services
The Beaufort County tax assessor offers a range of services to residents of the county. These services include:
The tax assessor assesses the value of all taxable property in Beaufort County, including real estate, personal property, and motor vehicles. This information is used to determine property taxes owed by each resident.
Property Tax Appeals
If a resident disagrees with the assessed value of their property, they can file an appeal with the tax assessor's office. The tax assessor will review the appeal and make a determination on whether to adjust the assessed value.
Property Tax Exemptions
The tax assessor's office is responsible for administering property tax exemptions for eligible residents. These exemptions include the homestead exemption for primary residences, exemptions for disabled veterans, and exemptions for seniors.
Property Tax Relief Programs
The tax assessor's office works with the state government to administer property tax relief programs for eligible residents. These programs provide financial assistance to help residents pay their property taxes.
The tax assessor's office maintains a GIS mapping system that provides detailed information on property boundaries, ownership, and values. This information can be accessed by residents and businesses for a variety of purposes.
The tax assessor's office maintains detailed records on all taxable property in the county. These records include information on property ownership, assessments, and tax payments. Residents can access these records to verify ownership or obtain information on their own property.
In summary, the Beaufort County tax assessor offers a range of services related to property assessment, tax exemptions and relief programs, GIS mapping, and property records. These services are designed to provide residents with accurate information and assistance related to their property taxes.
Didn't find what you were looking for ? Maybe tax appraiser is the answer, they are determining the fair market value of properties