Aroostook County tax appraiser info
An Aroostook County tax appraiser is a professional who evaluates the value of properties within the county for tax purposes. They work for the government and determine the fair market value of homes, buildings, land, and other real estate properties. The appraisers use a variety of factors to determine the value of a property, including its location, size, condition, and recent sales of similar properties in the area.
Their appraisals are important because they determine how much property taxes property owners will pay. The higher the appraised value of a property, the more taxes the owner will owe. The Aroostook County tax appraiser ensures that property taxes are fairly and accurately assessed across the county.
Appraisers may also be involved in resolving disputes related to property values or taxation. They may be called upon to testify in court cases or to provide expert opinions on the value of a property.
Overall, an Aroostook County tax appraiser plays a crucial role in ensuring that property taxes are fairly assessed and collected, which helps to fund local government services and infrastructure projects.
Before you contact tax appraiser find out more informations on Aroostook County property tax.
Aroostook County Tax Appraiser Contact Details
Here are the contact details for Aroostook County Tax Appraiser, including their post address, phone numbers, and open hours.
|144 Sweden St, Suite 2, Caribou, ME 04736
The Aroostook County Tax Appraiser office is located at 144 Sweden St, Suite 2, Caribou, ME 04736. To communicate with the appraiser, you can call them directly at (207) 493-3318 during their operating hours, which are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
If you need any assistance with property tax-related issues or other queries, do not hesitate to reach out to the Aroostook County Tax Appraiser. Their team is always ready to help you out.
Aroostook County tax appraiser services
The Aroostook County tax appraiser is responsible for evaluating and appraising properties within the county to determine their value for tax assessment purposes. Some of the key services offered by the county tax appraiser include:
- The tax appraiser values both real and personal property to determine their assessed value for tax purposes.
- Property owners who disagree with their property assessment can file an appeal with the tax appraiser's office.
- The tax appraiser's office administers tax exemptions for various types of properties, such as veterans, seniors, and non-profit organizations.
- The office maintains property records, including ownership information, building details, and land characteristics.
- The tax appraiser's office also creates and maintains maps for tax purposes, showing the location and boundaries of all properties within the county.
Overall, the Aroostook County tax appraiser plays a crucial role in determining property values and ensuring fair and accurate tax assessments for property owners within the county.